Coleen Rooney looked forlorn as she was pictured picking up her daily coffee in her workout gear on Thursday as her WAG war with Becky Vardy rumbled on.
34-year-old Coleen appeared to be taking her mind off things as she headed down the street with her Cafe Nero beverage in hand.
She wore a sleeveless ‘Soul’ top and black leggings and trainers and remained straight-faced as she headed out in the sunshine.
Down? Coleen Rooney looked forlorn as she picked up a coffee in workout gear in Cheshire on Thursday after slamming Becky Vardy’s ‘disappointing’ decision to take their battle to court
Her hair was piled into a high bun and she showed off a golden tan.
The outing comes after it was revealed Coleen is ‘disappointed’ that her nemesis Vardy, 38, has decided to take their war to court.
The battle could cost each side £500k in legal fees.
Daily routine: She wore a sleeveless ‘Soul’ top and black leggings and trainers and remained straight-faced as she headed out in the sunshine
Paul Lunt from Coleen’s legal team Brabners, said in a statement on Tuesday: ‘It is disappointing that Mrs Vardy has chosen to issue court proceedings.
‘Coleen feels that the time and money involved could be put to better use; her offer to meet face to face still stands.
‘Mrs Vardy’s decision to issue court proceedings does at least mean that Coleen’s evidence can be made public when the time is right.’
Overwhelmed with emotion: In February, Becky emotionally claimed on Loose Women that she was hospitalised ‘three times’ over the impact of her feud with Coleen
The WAGs have been at loggerheads after Coleen publicly accused Becky’s Instagram account of leaking stories about her last year – something which she vehemently denies.
Becky is said to have filed paperwork, claiming her ex friend Coleen libelled or slandered her on social media when she posted the serious allegation.
Last month, the pair held a video meeting in a last-ditch attempt to avoid a very public and expensive court hearing, yet it ended in a bitter deadlock.
Rumbling on: The WAGs have been at loggerheads after Coleen accused Becky’s Instagram account of leaking stories about her last year – something which she vehemently denies
Speaking out: Paul Lunt from Coleen’s legal team Brabners, said in a statement on Tuesday: ‘It is disappointing that Mrs Vardy has chosen to issue court proceedings
They added: ‘Coleen feels that the time and money involved could be put to better use; her offer to meet face to face still stands’
It is now said it could cost each side £500,000 in legal fees, but Becky is ‘completely determined to clear her name at any cost’.
A source told The Sun: ‘Becky has made it clear to Coleen that she is deadly serious about clearing her name, and wants a full public apology.
‘It’s not about money. As far as Becky is concerned, she wants her costs and vindication. But since Coleen still refuses to agree to an apology, she’s gone ahead with filing the paperwork at the High Court.
‘It’s a very expensive thing to do and the expectation is costs could run towards half a million pounds for each side but she’s completely determined to clear her name at any cost.’
The statement: Last October, Coleen publicly accused Becky’s account in a statement of selling fake stories about her, sparking an angry denial from the then-pregnant WAG
MailOnline has contacted Becky and Coleen’s representatives for comment.
It comes after reports Coleen fired her legal team after they told her that her case against Becky ‘isn’t very strong’ and may have ‘mistakes’.
Coleen is being represented by Liverpool and Manchester firm Brabners, who have acted for the Wayne Rooney Foundation charity since 2016.
According to The Sun, a source claimed: ‘Coleen thought it was a total certainty she was in the right. But now she’s been told she may have made some mistakes along the way and is keen to shift the blame to anyone else. It’s a total mess.
‘I don’t need the money’: Becky denied all accusations against her minutes after the post and said she had nothing to gain and had no financial motivation
‘Along the way, something has been hidden from everyone else involved and it could end up costing them the whole case.
‘Coleen still won’t back down — and now she’s decided who to hold responsible, she is planning to fork out big time and hire a very expensive London legal team who are specialists in media and privacy work. She’ll do anything in her power to salvage things.’
It’s claimed that Coleen has not admitted to ‘a crucial detail of her efforts to catch Becky red-handed’.
A source said: ‘The girls are still no further forward, so it’s now going to have to be heard in court.
‘It’s a shame it has come to this but there is no other way. Coleen has plenty of evidence and she isn’t frightened to show it.’
The women held an online Alternative Dispute Resolution mediation meeting in May alongside their lawyers in a bid to avoid an expensive court case after racking up legal costs in the ‘five figures’.
It was claimed the wife of Leicester City and England striker Jamie Vardy, threatened to sue Coleen for libel.
Coleen, whose husband Wayne is player-coach at Derby County, is thought to be countersuing for breach of privacy.
The pair’s row began last October, when Coleen claimed Becky’s Instagram account was the source leaking stories from her private Instagram account to the press.
The WAG rivals were previously good pals until Coleen made the shock allegation in an explosive social media statement last year.
The FAKE stories Coleen shared which were sold to The Sun and followed by media outlets
Wayne and Coleen Rooney’s £20m ‘Morrisons’ manor is ‘flooded
On Tuesday, it was claimed that the Rooney’s basement had flooded due to Storm Lorenzo.
It was said to have caused a ‘massively stressful’ setback in the completion of the sprawling three-storey mansion
Coleen Rooney ‘is so desperate for a baby girl that she’s looked into controversial £8K gender selection treatment’
The Sun first reported that mother of four sons, Coleen had looked into ‘gender selection’ treatment in a desperate bid for a daughter and had flown to Mexico earlier this year to discuss the controversial £8,000 treatment with doctors
Coleen Rooney ‘hopes to revive her TV career including a Strictly stint now she’s moved back to the UK’ after husband Wayne’s scandal
The Sun wrote that she was in talks to revive her once successful UK TV career now her family has moved back to this side of the Atlantic.
The mother-of-four apparently had to decline the offer to appear on this year’s Strictly Come Dancing but could compete in 2020
Coleen admitted that stories about her basement flooding, returning to TV and gender selection were only viewed by Becky and these were subsequently followed by media outlets, including MailOnline.
Becky, who denies all allegations and was pregnant at the time, cut her family holiday to Dubai short after the dramatic accusation, which captured Britain in the so-called ‘war of the WAGs’ and earned Coleen the nickname of ‘Wagatha Christie’.
At the time, sources close to Becky said leading law firm, Kingsley Napley, had sent Coleen a letter on her behalf demanding she provides them with the evidence she has against Becky so that she can complete her investigation.
Becky is said to have called in a forensic team to analyse her Instagram account following the explosive claims. The aim is to identify the mole who sold fake stories to The Sun from Coleen’s Instagram account.
Coleen wrote on October 9: ‘For a few years now someone who I trusted to follow me on my personal Instagram account has been consistently informing The Sun newspaper of my private posts and stories.
‘There has been so much information given to them about me, my friends and my family – all without my permission or knowledge.
‘After a long time of trying to figure out who it could be, for various reasons, I had a suspicion. To try and prove this, I came up with an idea, I blocked everyone from viewing Instagram except ONE account.’
She continued: ‘(Those on my private account must have been wondering why I haven’t had stories on there for a while).
‘Over the past five months I have posted a series of false stories to see if they made their way into the Sun newspaper.
‘And you know what, they did! The story about gender selection in Mexico, the story about returning to TV and then the latest story about the basement flood in my new house.
‘It’s been tough keeping it to myself and not making any comment at all, especially when the stories have been leaked, however I had to. Now I know for certain which account/individual it’s come from.
‘I have saved and screenshotted all the original stories which clearly show just one person has viewed them. It’s……… Rebekah Vardy’s account.’
Family: Becky shares Sofia, five, Finley, three, and Olivia Grace, six months, with Leicester City’s Jamie, 33, and has Megan, 15, and Taylor, ten, from a previous relationship (pictured in December)